The Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FXE) is a highly noise-sensitive airport. Thank you for helping Executive Airport to be a good neighbor to our surrounding communities in reducing aircraft noise over homes. With the importance of reducing aircraft noise, Executive Airport always maintains that flight safety is the highest priority
Pilots can view the latest noise abatement updates at www.whispertrack.com
RECOMMENDED DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Runway 9 Departures
- Runway 09 Departures with destinations north- or westbound, turn left to a heading of 330 degree for jets and 300 degrees for propeller aircraft, or as instructed by the Air Traffic Control Tower, and climb at best angle. Jets fly above western edge of Interstate-95 (I-95), over an industrial area, while remaining east of the Pompano Horse Racing Track until north of the race track.
- Runway 09 Jet Departures with destinations eastbound, expect to climb at best angle to 2000 feet, or as instructed by ATCT. Keep noise at the Airport as much as possible, while gaining as much altitude close-in to the Airport. Once over residential areas, use reduced power until reaching the ocean. Eastbound jets may make a request with "Executive Ground' for an initial climb to 3,000 feet. This request may be contingent on other aircraft's airspace position at the moment of departure.
Runway 27 Departures
- Runway 27 Departures turn right to 315 degrees for all aircraft, or as instructed by ATCT, and climb at best angle.
- Avoid turning before NW 31st Avenue, initiate turn over the Florida Turnpike, if possible.
- Runway 09 Departures turn left to 330 degrees for all jet aircraft, or as instructed by ATCT, between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., expect lifeguard flights.
- Voluntary nighttime (10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.) Preferential Runway for Departures is Runway 27 for all aircraft, wind permitting.
- Voluntary nighttime (10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.) Preferential Runway for arrivals is Runway 09 for all aircraft, wind permitting.
- Runway 13-31 is closed between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., when Runway 09-27 is operational.
- Voluntary nighttime (10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.) restriction of repetitive landing and practice approach operations.
- Prohibition of maintenance engine run-ups between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. for all aircraft.
Other Noise Abatement Procedures
- Voluntary restriction of jet aircraft on Runway 13-31.
- Voluntary use of NBAA or manufacturer’s close-in departure and standard arrival noise abatement procedures for jet aircraft.
- Voluntary restriction of repetitive landing and practice-approach operations during nighttime (10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.), weekends, and holidays.
- Prohibition of maintenance engine run-ups on parking aprons at all times.
- All aircraft avoid overflights of residential area ½ mile southwest of ATCT.
- All runways are highly noise sensitive and monitored 24 hours.
- Avoid flying low over residential areas.
- For more information please see the Noise Abatement page on our web site or contact the Noise Abatement Office at 954-828-6666.